Save on water smart products May 23-25
Save money on products to help you reduce your water use at your home or business during the fourth annual Lawn and Garden Water Smart Tax Holiday.
This Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-25, consumers can purchase water saving items without paying sales tax. Water-saving items, as defined by the Texas Comptroller, can include any plant product, any product with a WaterSense label, mulch, rainwater collection systems and more. There is no limit to how many items you can purchase.
Retailers do not charge sales tax on any product that displays a WaterSense label or logo. These items can be bought for either personal or business purposes.
The categories of products are broad; you can buy items tax free during the holiday that are used or planted for:
- conserving or retaining groundwater;
- recharging water tables; or
- decreasing ambient air temperature, and so limiting water evaporation.
Examples of items that qualify for the exemption include:
- a soaker or drip-irrigation hose
- a moisture control for a sprinkler or irrigation system
- mulch (Remember, residents can always pick up free mulch from the City of Round Rock’s brush recycling center.)
- a rain barrel or an alternative rain and moisture collection system
- a permeable ground cover surface that allows water to reach underground basins, aquifers or water collection points
- plants, trees and grasses
- water-saving surfactants
- soil and compost
If you’d like more information on the products and plants you can purchase tax-free during the Lawn and Garden Water Smart Tax Holiday, visit the Texas Comptroller’s website.
The post Save on water smart products May 23-25 appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock