TxDOT to host virtual public hearing for US 79 road project
TxDOT will host a virtual public hearing for the US 79 road project from 9 a.m. Thursday, July 9 through 11:59 p.m. Friday, July 24.
A prerecorded presentation video will be posted on TxDOT’s website on July 9. After reviewing the presentation, participants will be able to provide verbal or written comments on the draft environmental assessment and the recommended build alternative for improving the US 79 project between I-35 to just east of A.W. Grimes Boulevard.
The purpose of the project is to improve safety and mobility and accommodate future population growth and land use development in the area. The proposed project includes the following improvements:
- Widening the existing US 79 roadway to add a third travel lane in each direction
- Installing a raised median for safety
- Constructing an underpass at the intersection of US 79 and Mays Street, an overpass at the intersection of US 79 and FM 1460 and altering the US 79/I-35 intersection
- Modifying driveways and access points to improve safety and traffic flow
- Installing shared-use paths on both sides of US 79 to provide improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
Participants may provide their input in the following ways:
- Verbal testimony may be submitted via a recorded voicemail at (512) 647-1064 starting at 9 a.m. Thursday, July 9. The number is available 24-hours a day through 11:59 p.m. Friday, July 24.
- Written comments may be submitted via the following ways through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 24.
The post TxDOT to host virtual public hearing for US 79 road project appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock