Tornado cleanup event scheduled for Saturday
The City of Round Rock is inviting the public to participate in post-tornado cleanup efforts in Kensington and Windy Park neighborhoods on Saturday, March 26.
Volunteers will clear construction debris and tree limbs piled at the curbs to dumpsters and rear load garbage trucks located throughout the neighborhood. This event will require manual labor; DO NOT bring children under the age of 14 or pets. Volunteers should be prepared to walk into the neighborhoods and bring gloves, safety glasses, close-toed shoes, sun protection and water. Trucks, trailers, chainsaws or any other equipment are NOT needed at this event.
Volunteers will be accepted in two shifts and can arrive at either of the event’s two meet-up locations between 8-8:30 a.m. or 12-12:30 p.m.:
Check-in points will be located in each parking lot, and volunteers will walk into the neighborhoods. Roadways will be extremely congested; due to the need to efficiently haul dumpsters in and out of neighborhoods, volunteers cannot park on residential streets within the neighborhood.
- Bring work gloves, safety glasses, close-toed shoes, sun protection and water
- Park at Dell 3 or Success High School
- Look for volunteer check-in tents
- Be prepared to walk on foot into the neighborhoods
- Arrive between 8-8:30 a.m. OR 12-12:30 p.m.
- Bring children under 14 or pets
- Park in the neighborhoods
- Bring trucks, trailers, chainsaws or any other equipment
The City has already organized large volunteer groups to provide cleanup efforts in Forest Bluff, South Creek and Turtle Creek neighborhoods, so no general public volunteers are needed in those neighborhoods on Saturday.
Learn more at roundrocktexas.gov/tornado.
Source: City of Round Rock