Round Rock Recycling Center accepting unwanted Christmas lights
Christmas lights can now be recycled through Jan. 31 at the Round Rock Recycling Center and several City facilities during normal business hours.
Drop off unwanted or broken string lights to the following locations during normal business hours:
- Round Rock Recycling Center, 310 Deepwood Drive
- Open Monday – Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Closed Sundays)
- Round Rock Utility Billing, 221 E. Main Street, Ste. 101
- Open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Round Rock Library, 216 E. Main Street
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday: 1 – 6 p.m.
- CLOSED STARTING DEC. 23
- Allen R. Baca Center, 301 W. Bagdad Ave.
- Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Utilities and Environmental Services, 3400 Sunrise Road
- Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Do not place holiday lights in your curbside recycling bin — only take them to the locations above in order to recycle them.
Here are some other helpful tips during the holidays:
- Break down cardboard boxes from online shopping to ensure you have enough room for all recyclables in your recycling bin.
- Recycling the wrong items can result in the entire contents of a recycling bin ending up in the landfill. Detach non-recyclable items from recyclable items, and do not place food-contaminated items, such as used paper plates or pizza boxes, in your recycling bin.
- Laminated wrapping paper, or paper that is decorated with foil or glitter, cannot be recycled. Save wrapping paper for future use when possible. Bows and ribbons are not recyclable, so be sure to remove them from wrapping paper that is recyclable before tossing it in your bin.
- Styrofoam cannot be placed in your curbside recycling bin; however, packing peanuts are accepted at the Round Rock Recycling Center, 310 Deepwood Drive.
The post Round Rock Recycling Center accepting unwanted Christmas lights appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock