Round Rock Fire Department responds to fire at retirement home
Round Rock Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out at a Round Rock retirement home on Friday, Aug. 16.
Round Rock Fire Department personnel were called to the incident at approximately 6:41 p.m. at the Enclave at Round Rock Senior Living, which is located at 2351 Oakmont Drive. All residents were evacuated, and the fire reported displaced approximately 55 people overnight. One individual was transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening respiratory issues. Buses from Round Rock School District and Capital Metro were used to shuttle residents to nearby St. John Vianney Catholic Church, which was used as a shelter for residents.
Firefighters contained the fire to air conditioning units located on the roof of the building and a portion of the attic. A total of 11 fire trucks, the department’s entire fleet, responded to the three-alarm call.
At this time, the cause of the fire appears to be a mechanical malfunction of the rooftop air conditioning units, where the fire is believed to have originated.
The post Round Rock Fire Department responds to fire at retirement home appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock