City accepting applications for local commissions
The City of Round Rock is currently accepting applications to fill vacant seats on local Planning and Zoning, and Historic Preservation Commissions.
The deadline for applications is April 15. Official appointments are expected to be made at a regularly scheduled City Council meeting on April 23.
City boards and commissions enable citizens to participate in local government by bringing diverse viewpoints to decision-making and advisory processes.
All applicants must meet residency requirements (meaning they live and have lived inside the city limits for last 12 consecutive months) and be registered voters in the City of Round Rock.
Planning and Zoning Commission
- Act as an advisory body to the Council.
- Recommends to the Council for its action an official zoning map and amendments to the map.
- Studies plat and plans of proposed subdivisions and ensures that all plats and plans conform to the City subdivision and development ordinance.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding the zoning ordinance, applications for original, rezoning, Planned Unit Development and Historic Overlay District designations
- Performs such other functions as may be duly delegated to them from time to time by the City Council.
Historic Preservation Commission
- Members should have knowledge or demonstrated interest in preservation-related fields such as architecture, history, archaeology, planning, urban or community design and knowledge and interest in historic preservation.
- Renders decisions on applications for Certificates of Appropriateness.
- Recommends designation of specified areas of the City as Historic Districts or Landmarks.
- Reviews applications and makes recommendations for action to the City Council regarding partial tax exemptions for historic sites.
- Under the certified local government (CLG) agreement with the Texas Historical Commission, administers the requirement of the CLG programs as promulgated by the National Park Service.
Questions related to the application process or requirements of those who volunteer their service should be directed to the City Clerk at [email protected].
Source: City of Round Rock