Basic disease prevention tips to remember as Coronavirus spreads
The Williamson County and Cities Health District is proactively asking residents to visit Texas Department of State Health (DSHS) and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) websites for the most current information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19).
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For more information on Coronavirus Disease 2019, including prevention tips, symptoms, and frequently asked questions, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
The post Basic disease prevention tips to remember as Coronavirus spreads appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock