TxDOT breaks ground on I-35 project from RM 1431 to FM 3406 northbound
TxDOT broke ground this month on a new Mobility35 project at I-35 from RM 1431 to FM 3406 northbound. The project will relocate the existing RM 1431 exit ramp on the northbound I-35 frontage road to reduce congestion on the mainlaines, and improve the northbound frontage road by adding an extended exit lane between RM 1431 and FM 3406.
TxDOT estimates that more than 145,000 vehicles travel on this segment of I-35 each day.
Work on this improvement project will take place in five phases:
• Phase I work includes setting up detours, shifting traffic, installing temporary drainage, beginning the auxiliary lane extension and starting work on the new exit ramp
• Phase II work includes installing a temporary traffic barrier and striping for traffic shifts, closing the existing exit ramp, opening the new exit ramp, finishing work on the auxiliary lane and extending the west side of the frontage road
• Phase III work includes opening the new auxiliary lane to traffic, shifting traffic and constructing the new entrance ramp and the remainder of the west side of the frontage road
• Phase IV work includes completing all paving and drainage operations for northbound I-35 mainlanes and frontage road
• Phase V work includes installing the final overlay and striping to open all lanes and ramps
This $10.4 million project is funded by Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) and TxDOT. Work will begin in mid-2019 and is expected to be complete in late 2020, weather permitting. The contractor is Jordan Foster Construction.
For additional information visit: www.My35Construction.org.
The post TxDOT breaks ground on I-35 project from RM 1431 to FM 3406 northbound appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock