Round Rock, TexasLocal Weather Alerts
There are currently no active weather alerts.
  • Calendar
  • RSS Feed
  • Contact
  • Recycle on:
    Oct
    28
  • Pool Temp:
    81.8
    °F
News

Report: Shopping for electricity is getting cheaper in Texas

Published on July 11, 2017 under CommunityImpact

Shopping for electricity is becoming cheaper for most Texans, according to a new study from the Texas Coalition for Affordable Power. But for those who live in an area with only one electricity provider, prices have increased in a recent 10-year period, the study says. About 85 percent of Texans can purchase electricity from a number of providers in a deregulated marketplace, while the remaining 15 percent must buy power from a single provider in their area. The report from the Texas Coalition for Affordable Power, which advocates for cities and local governments and negotiates their power contracts, pulls information […]

The post Report: Shopping for electricity is getting cheaper in Texas appeared first on Community Impact Newspaper.

Source: Community Impact- Round Rock

Tagged: