Express to Open Second Half with Loaded Homestand
With the Triple-A Baseball All-Star Break in the rear-view mirror, the Round Rock Express return to Dell Diamond for an eight-game homestand that includes a flurry of one-of-a-kind promotions. The E-Train will play host to both California-based Pacific Coast League teams during the homestand, beginning with the Sacramento River Cats (San Francisco Giants affiliate) on Thursday, July 14.
Opening night of the homestand is sure to “leave you with a smile” as the Express will have George Strait Bobbleheads that they will want to “give it away” to the first 2,500 fans. The country music icon is the latest to join Willie Nelson in the annual Texas Legends Bobblehead Series.
Next up, they’ll prove that it’s never too early to spread Christmas cheer during Friday night’s Christmas in July celebration. Fans will “get hooked” on Saturday for University of Texas Night, complete with a ceremonial first pitch from former UT and current Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Jaxon Shipley as well as a postgame concert by Austin legend Bob Schneider as part of the St. David’s Summer Concert Series, presented by Dell.
Finally, on Thursday, July 21, the Express will transform into the Round Rock FireAnts during the first-ever What Could Have Been Night as we explore an alternate team name that didn’t make the final cut during the team’s founding in 2000. The first 1,500 fans will receive a FireAnts rally towel. Additionally, the team will don specialty FireAnts jerseys that will be auctioned off during the game with all proceeds benefiting the LIVESTRONG Foundation. Special FireAnts caps and t-shirts are currently available in the Railyard Team Store.
Below are highlights and promotions for each contest of the eight-game homestand.
Thursday, July 14 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Sacramento River Cats (San Francisco Giants)
- George Strait Bobblehead “Give It Away” presented by the Sanders Family – The first 2,500 fans through the gates will receive a George Strait Bobblehead as the King of Country joins the Texas Legends Bobblehead Series!
- The Original Thirsty Thursday presented by Firetrol Protection Systems – Unwind at the ballpark with discounted draft beer specials and $1 sodas.
Friday, July 15 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Sacramento River Cats (San Francisco Giants)
- Christmas in July – Spread Christmas cheer for all to hear with the Express.
- Brew Review beer tasting – Come sample delicious craft beer, open to fans 21 and older.
- Bud Light Friday Fireworks – Watch the Texas sky fill with color after the game.
Saturday, July 16 | 6:05 p.m. | Express vs. Sacramento River Cats (San Francisco Giants)
- University of Texas Night – Former UT and current Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Jaxon Shipley will throw out the ceremonial first pitch to kick off a Longhorn-filled night at the ballpark.
- Bob Schneider Postgame Concert presented by St. David’s, Dell – Fans will be invited on to the field as Austin legend Bob Schneider takes the centerfield stage following the game.
Sunday, July 17 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Sacramento River Cats (San Francisco Giants)
- H-E-B Kids Day with pregame activities outside the gates and postgame Kids Run the Bases.
- Pokemon Go Event – Purchase a special Pokemon Go ticket and get access to the field at Dell Diamond from 5 – 6 p.m. to catch and train your Pokemon. Use special offer code pokemon to receive a $5 berm lawn ticket or an $11 infield reserved ticket. $2 from the berm lawn ticket and $3 from the infield reserved ticket will go back to Jana’s House, an initiative the Express announced that will build a home for orphan girls in Zambia.
Monday, July 18 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Fresno Grizzlies (Houston Astros)
- $1 hot dogs and sodas courtesy of Mrs Baird’s
- Summer Expo – The Express will host a Summer Expo from 6:00 p.m. until the end of the game in the United Heritage Center.
Tuesday, July 19 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Fresno Grizzlies (Houston Astros)
- Half-Price Tuesday presented by A+ Federal Credit Union – Invite more friends & family to a game with tickets at half-off the day-of game ticket price (excludes Intel Club, Premium Seating powered by Dell, 4 Topps and Rockers).
Wednesday, July 20 | 7:05 p.m. | Express vs. Fresno Grizzlies (Houston Astros)
- Winning Wednesday presented by the Texas Lottery
- Strike Out Hunger! Bring two H-E-B branded canned goods in exchange for one lawn ticket, benefiting the Central Texas Food Bank.
Thursday, July 21 | 7:05 p.m. | FireAnts vs. Fresno Grizzlies (Houston Astros)
- What Could Have Been Night: Round Rock FireAnts – The Express will transform into the FireAnts for one night only as we explore what could have been with another popular name choice from when the team was founded in 2000.
- Round Rock FireAnts Rally Towel Giveaway, presented by RockSports Screen Printing – The first 1,500 fans will receive a Round Rock FireAnts tally towel.
- Jersey Auction – The special FireAnts jerseys will be auctioned off during the contest, with proceeds benefiting the LIVESTRONG Foundation.
- The Original Thirsty Thursday, presented by Firetrol Protection Systems – Unwind at the ballpark with discounted draft beer specials and $1 sodas.
Express games are broadcast on the Austin Radio Network and steamed live online at www.hornfm.com.
Single game tickets are available along with season ticket packages and group discounts. For more information on the Express, visit www.RoundRockExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter!
Source: City of Round Rock